[AMPS] Aluminum sheet

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:37:31 -0500

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:24:32 +0000 John / NS1Z <ns1z@agate.net> writes:

>Looking for sources of aluminum sheet for the cabinet of my HB 6 meter
>amp.
>Aubuchon and Ace hardware stores (in my area) do not have anything.
>Any
>suggestions on a source? Largest piece would be 17X12"
>
>I am sorry I have nothing to add on license requirements which hasn't
>been
>better said by others...
>
>          John Wilcox  NS1Z
>               FN44rn
>           ns1z@agate.net
>         fon: 207-364-2246
>
>            871 Route 120
>        Rumford, ME 04276-3836

I trust there is a metal recycler somewhere in Maine; no not an auto junk
yard.
In Nashua/Merrimac, NH there is a place called Merrimac Metals which is
just about the  best scrounging place I have seen in New England.
Aluminum tubing, sheet, copper foil and wire, teflon wire and just about
anything you can think of including rack cabinets full of goodies.
They allow you free run of the place and stock changes rapidly. During
warm WX it is often a gathering place for hams on a Saturday morning. If
you are lucky you may even find a few thousand feet of Heliax, dish
antennas and other exotic items!

GL  Carl   KM1H

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]