[AMPS] Re:

User312627@aol.com User312627@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:12:49 EDT

On 99/07/26 Tom said:
> FCC regulations say no such thing. You have 128 full RF cycles on 160
meters to build charge to the peak, and over 2100 RF cycles on ten meters.

I have a book ISBN #0-87259-427-0 titled "FCC RULE BOOK". Ninth Edition.
In Chapter nine, page 9-5 I quote:
"Q What is peak envelope power?

A - Peak envelope power (PEP) is the average power supplied to the antenna
transmission line by a transmitter during one RF cycle at the crest of the
modulation envelope, taken under normal operating conditions.

Q-How do I measure PEP output to determine if my transmitter is operating
within FCC rules?

A- The Commission has chosen and published the following standards of
measurement:
(1) Read an in-line peak reading RF wattmeter that is properly matched
(commercial units are available), and (2) calculate the power using the peak
RF voltage as indicated by an oscilloscope or other peak reading device.
Multiply the peak RF voltage by 0.707, square the result and divide by the
load resistance (SWR must be 1)

Be of Good Cheer,
Bill KB7YUM