[AMPS] Nichicon Capacitors?

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:13:52 -0500

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 21:55:35 GMT geo@ipass.net (George McCrary) writes:

>Hello Folks,
>
>	Has anyone determined if the Nichicon 470 uF at 450v caps that
>All Electronics is selling are suitable for use in amp power supply
>design? I have the Nichicon Catalog and can look up the specs, but how
>can I determine their suitability?

Finally, some one with a catalog!

Lets us all know the ESR/Ripple Current and tolerance specs. You can
compare them to the CDE 381L or 381LX  and Panasonic TSHB series for
suitability.
Rumor has it that they are the same model series as Command uses but no
one has confirmed that yet.

You can also buy computer grade caps from Ameritron and Harbach.

73  Carl  KM1H

 I want to build a 4000 volt 750 mA
>supply using 10 of these in series. All Electronics is selling them
>for $3 each or 10 for $22.50 which makes them very attractive.
>
>	I would also welcome other suggestions for a source of caps
>for the power supply.
>
>					Regards,
>
>					George (KQ4QM)
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]