[AMPS] Care and feeding of your Eimac 3-500

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:29:53 -0000

Rich doesn't like the sentence about <Parasitic
>oscillations are a result of improper amplifier circuit design

Surely, on it's own, that's totally correct ('circuit design' including the
mechanical layout) . I would argue that a reasonable inference is that a
tube with high gain at VHF/UHF and/or construction with long screen or grid
leads is more likely to have parasitic problems, ( which Rich is implying,
too) but the basic argument that good engineering can minimise the problems
is valid.

But how much of Eimac's market is in tubes for SSB linears? Not much, I'd
guess.

73

Peter  G3RZP