[AMPS] CW amplifier progress (well, daydream progress) -- lon g

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL grimm@lynchburg.net
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:02:40 -0500

Peter Chadwick wrote:

>                 > I NEED INSTANT ON!!!  OK?
>
> Of course, it is obviously impossible for the non-technical weenies to
> actually switch the amplifier on into a standby mode when starting the
> operating session - in which case the amp is ready to go by the time you're
> comfortable in the chair and decided which band to go on..............

No, no, no.  Real DXers need it NOW!  Real DXers are rarely comfortable
and they certainly don't waste time thinking.....

Just another example of how we are misunderstood.  :*)
Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net
BoatAnchor Manual Archive - http://bama.sbc.edu or
ftp://bama.sbc.edu/boatanchor