[AMPS] CW amplifier progress (well, daydream progress) -- lon g

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:42:18 -0800

Hi Peter,

I think there are some who do as you suggest, many do not. Everyone's
operating habits and concerns are a bit different.
As a DXer and contester too, I sometimes find myself tuning around for long
or short periods and NOT doing any transmitting at all.
I also don't just come into the shack for an operating "session". I'm
usually in and out often and operate as I can fit it in.
I'm fortunate to have my main computer at my main ham desk so I can be
listening, working, and computing at the same time. I may look up and tune
around for a bit and then get busy with something else.

For me, instant on is the only way to go.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!