[AMPS] Loading Capacitor

K4SO@aol.com K4SO@aol.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:13:42 EST

I am looking for a suitable capacitor for plate loading duty in a 4-1000A 5
band amplifier. The current cap was arced extensively by the previous owner
(and then I added to it) on 10M, in particular in my case. I think the amp is
stable now but once arced, I realize the paths are low resistance and it's
impossible to disassemble and clean up. I need a 5 section 1000pf unit or
thereabouts. Close spacing should be fine although I have 8 to 10 inches of
space in the cabinet. Obviously, I'm looking for a new or like new unit. Any
advice is appreciated but you can e-mail me directly if you have a unit to
sell (as opposed to posting it to the reflector). Thanks! 73, Mark