[AMPS] LP Filter Performance

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:59:16 -0500

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:38:39 +0100 Peter Chadwick
<Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes:

>steve says:
>
>	>I've not modelled it, but I think the load on the output side
>of a
>	>harmonic filter will have insignificant effect (a few dB in
>typ.
>30+) on
>	>harmonic attenuation with most filter topologies.
>

>Depends on the filter and the actual load impedance at the frequency
>in
>question. You can lose as much as 20dB of attenuation - although the
>likelihood of that much is probably on a par with winning the lottery
>-
>unless it just happens to be a situation where Murphy works overtime.

I believe it was John Belrose who wrote in QST Technical Correspondence
several years ago. He measured and reported that the topology as used in
ham LP filters had a minimal effect on performance at to at least a 2:1
VSWR.

I would be concerned with high VSWR on 10/15M.

I'll bring in a ICE filter to work and play on the network analyzer with
various resistive loads.

73  Carl  KM1H

>Peter G3RZP
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]