[AMPS] LP Filter Performance

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:42:26 -0500

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:27:40 +0100 Peter Chadwick
<Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes:

>Carl says:
>
>>I'll bring in a ICE filter to work and play on the network analyzer
>with
>>various resistive loads.

>You need to do it with reactive loads as well, Carl.

I know that but its not easy to carry my reactive dummy load into work!
Picked up one of those loads several years ago at the National Radio
auction. Was used for acceptance testing of a 5KW military amp and can
simulate a reactive load at up to 4:1 VSWR of either sign.

Incidentally, an
>elliptic function filter will tend to have minimal degradation at its
>poles
>as VSWR goes up, but I haven't seen a ham LPF of anything other than
>the
>straight Butterworth or Tchebycheff form.

Wasnt there one just announced that had 2 or 3 user adjustable nulls??

73  Carl  KM1H

>Most of the time, there's very little difference, but there are
>pathological
>cases which can screw up the attenuation, as I said before.
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]