[AMPS] small rice burners

John T. M. Lyles jtml@lanl.gov
Tue, 4 May 1999 15:24:47 -0600

I would like to open a topic which is probably covered somewhere else, but
this is the only ham radio forum that I read on email. I am interested in
getting a modern exciter, such as the new HF rigs that you can fit under
your dashboard, or hold in your hand. I don't mean the more exotic units
like the SGC. I'm talking about the Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, Alinco varieties.
I'd like to do some HF moble again, last time was in the early 90s when I
drove across country 3 times in the old van.

Is there a good comparison in the magazines or online that i could read,
before talking to AES, etc? My IC735 is still working fine, but it isn't
exactly portable, by todays standards.

John
K5PRO