[AMPS] small rice burners

Alek Petkovic vk6apk@eon.net.au
Wed, 05 May 1999 06:53:55 +0800

I have the Alinco DX70T at the moment which I have used very extensively
for HF mobile operation. It's a brilliant little radio which does the job
very nicely. They can be picked up at absolutely bargain prices.

The QST review of the radio says that the noise blanker is not very good. I
have found the opposite to be true and that is why I like it so much.

The Yaesu FT100 is now starting to arrive here in Australia and I will be
upgrading to that one in the next couple of months. To me it looks like the
ultimate, (to date), in the mobile radio market.

The new IC706 is not in the race here because it is about $500 more in
price. That is typical of Icom in this country.

73 de Alek, VK6APK.