[AMPS] Henry 2K Question

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Fri, 21 May 1999 18:40:09 -0500

Finally got my Henry 2K-2 - but it's not the desktop model I thought, no
sir - this is *real* iron, all 150 floor-standing pounds of it. You know
it's a serious piece of hardware when it's big enough that you can stick
your head inside to look around!!! (unplugged, of course...)

My question:

It's not clear to me from the documentation I have what kind of voltage the
Henry's TX relay requires - it seems to indicate that the relay is a simple
12V DC affair, but I'm not sure.

I need to know whether to use my FT-920's TX Ground transistor or it's
built-in relay (I can choose between the two). The transistor says it's
rated for up to +50VDC at 500mA, while the relay can handle 220VDC at
270mA. No negative voltages can be used with the transistor switching.

Can someone who knows for sure tell me what the relay on the Henry 2K-2
requires in the way of switching voltage and current?

I'll still probably consider going to a solid-state, true QSK switching
arrangement in the near future, but want to get more familiar with the amp
before I start ripping it apart...

Thanks & 73,

-Marty KI0LO
 martyt@pobox.com