[AMPS] Heathkit SB-220 meter face scans

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:39:25 -0800

Hello there,

The repair of my friends Heathkit SB 220 continues forward. The
damaged parts list for this amplifier reads like a blue print for a
parasitic bang as described by Rich, AG6K.

Both the grid chokes were open, the Ip meter is blown, the zener
diode toast, the band switch arced.  So I've already brought the
amplifier back up with some mods and I've swapped the Grid -
Ep - Rel RF meter movement for the Ip meter by changing the
meter faces. The replacement meter will be used for the grid
current combo meter.
The good meter measured out as a 200 uA movement with  Rm
equal to ~1445 ohms.

While I had the faces off, I took the opportunity to photocopy and
scan the meter faces with some very nice equipment. Persons
wishing to re scale a meter may be able to work with the images
using photoshop or a similar program. Three formats are in the
zip'd package in 600 and 800 dpi as a gif, bmp and pdf file.
By the later part of this week or sooner, the package will be on
the Amateur Radio Pages of  http://sonic.ucdavis.edu

Look for the second Heathkit download file on the main page to
contain the scans.

cheers
skipp