[AMPS] The things you see Homebrew Amplifiers

William L. Fuqua III wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:10 PM 10/6/99 +0100, you wrote:
>At 10:20 PM 10/5/99 -0400, Bill Fuqua wrote:

>Sounds to me like you already made up your mind that it's no good. Why did
>you buy it? Why did you ask if it was OK if you already believed it was not.
>
>It also sounds to me like you have never run a pair of 4-400's in your life
>or even have been in the same room as an operating pair. And yet you argue
>the answers you just asked for.

   Ok so much for the personal insults. If you wish to do that e-mail me
in directly and I'll either ignore it or reply.  That is one thing I really
don't like about this list.
I asked for opinions?

  I have run a pair of 813s, 4-250s, 4-400s, 250THs, 4CX250s and a single
4-1000.
I built my first transmitter ( a pair of 6146B's plate modulated by a pair
of the
same) in the 9th grade in 1963.
  I got it for parts. Came with 6ea 4-400's which I checked out in my other
amplifier
last night. And all were just fine.

At 11:10 PM 10/6/99 +0100, you wrote:
>At 10:20 PM 10/5/99 -0400, Bill Fuqua wrote:

>Sounds to me like you already made up your mind that it's no good. Why did
>you buy it? Why did you ask if it was OK if you already believed it was not.
>
>It also sounds to me like you have never run a pair of 4-400's in your life
>or even have been in the same room as an operating pair. And yet you argue
>the answers you just asked for.

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055