[AMPS] figuring tank Zbased on loaded Ep?

measures measures@vcnet.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:12:09 -0700

>As my kids used to say when little, "But WHYYYYY?"

Because roughly 250v-min. on the anode is what you have to work with.
If you attempt to go lower that c. 250v, you make IMD go up.  If you go
for more than 250v, P goes down.

>I'm thinking you are talking GG.

yes

>More P than plate V*I  => Lower Z than plate V/I.
>Source I is more than plate I.
>Am I right?

€  I have no idea what  "Source I" is.

>What about a grounded cathode triode amp?

€  Up to about 200kHz, it is possible to construct a grid-driven
neutralized, triode amplifier, providing you use a triode with a Mu of 5
- maximum.  .

later, Bob