[AMPS] PA-77 question, round two

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:04:07 -0500

When a good 8877 is properly tuned (slightly heavy loading)
it will put around 2300 watts into the antenna with 55-65 ma
of TRUE grid current. I have had several Alpha 77DX/77SX's
and all of them read HIGH on the grid meter. I think Dick had
in mind that it would help to save tubes. NEVER let the grid current
on an 8877 exceed 75 ma under any circumstances. I set all my
grid-trip circuits to this value.

GL!
Phil, K5PC