[AMPS] Where to read Reflected Power

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:02:21 -0400

At 12:49 PM 9/28/1999 -0500, Jon Ogden wrote:
>Perhaps buffer isn't the right word.  Yes, it does transform the
>impedance.  The conjugate match is between the exciter and the tuner.
>However, a tuner does NOT make a 750 Ohm antenna into a 50 Ohm antenna.
>That VSWR is still occuring along the feedline of the antenna.
>
>A tuner will not make a bad antenna into a good antenna.

And here's where I part company with you, Jon.  An antenna with a 750-ohm
feedpoint impedance, fed with open wire line through a tuner and balun,
could be a very *good* antenna, indeed.  The real issue is the loss
performance of the feedline at relatively high VSWRs.

Down boy...bad antenna... down!

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower