[AMPS] High Voltage Connectors?

Ian White, G3SEK Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:15:17 +0100

Phil Clements wrote:
>There are a lot of much better connectors out there nowadays that have
>no bad properties, but they are very expensive. I will stand by my
>statement that a Millen connector will outlast its owner, sans abuse.

The problem with the Millen connectors is that they allow an idiot like
me to connect only the B+, without also connecting ground and B-minus.
It has great potential to outlast its owner!

This topic should be in the FAQ... if we had one. There was a good
discussion here a few months ago about safe coaxial HV connector
systems, and interlocks to prevent mains being applied unless both
ground and B-minus were also present. Search the DejaNews archives for
"SHV".

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek