[AMPS] SB1000 parasite question for Tom and Rich+

measures 2@vc.net
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:52:35 -0700

>In a message dated 08/03/2000 03:36:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 2@vc.net
>writes:
>
><<  The fix that seems to work is:   reduce VHF
> amplification.   >>
>Rich it seems to me that one way to reduce vhf gain would be not to use
>tubes
>( very expensive ones) that have max. ratings to 500 mhz  on frequencies of
>30 mhz or below. if it will amplify at 200 mhz it should also
>oscillate.....yes??   HANK

True enough, Hank.  The 3-500Z apparently oscillates c. 150MHz in the
SB-1000, so tube choice is less limited than one might think.  .  .
According to unsubstantiated rumour, the 8877 can oscillate from 100MHz
to over 500MHz.

cheers

zZZ

end