[AMPS] SB1000 parasite question for Tom and Rich

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 19:58:52 -0700

measures wrote:

> With a grid/filament short, there would not be any output.

I'm not sure of the mechanism.  There is certainly part of the grid which is not
touching the filament, and the whole structure has a certain amount of
inductance, allowing for some voltage to appear on it.

However, I can say for absolute certain that I observed the plate glowing much
hotter than normal (with no drive), and low output in the range described by
Hans (with drive).  When I removed the tube, I was able to measure a short with
an ohmmeter.  When the tube was replaced with a good one the amplifier returned
100% to normal.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA