[AMPS] info

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:46:14 -0700

Hello again,

A few of you have Emailed me direct to ask about the script vi which
has shown it's face from amps member computers.

This vi goes behind the scene and uses your Email address book
to send itself out to people who are in your saved messages and
folder book.  This is all done without your knowledge anytime you
send a batch of Email out.

Norton and MacAffee appear to take it out ok.

It appears to use Microsoft Outlook v5.0 (or earlier) as a source of
Email address to propagate.

Often people with macs don't have to worry about dos/windows bugs,
but this one is a script vi related to an application.  It would be wise
assume any non-protected dos/windows system receiving amps
Emails in the last two weeks now has it on board.   What it does after
propagation to other machines is unknown. Often they damage hard
drive information/files.

Install and run an anit-vi programs if you can.
Web sites for the above named Companies contain information about
this w#script ka#k wor#m vi. (# symbol placed in the name to get it's
description past the list server filter).

I'm not much of a mac type, this vi likes ms outlook as a launch base,
maybe other Email programs. If your using ms outlook, you might want
to find an anit vi program for prevention.

: something is going on with some kind of a "worm" v.i.r.u.s I had to do
: "bulk" delete at the server last night and lost about 200 emails.
: Thanks Will,  K6NDV

expect more as various amps members check back in.

cheers
skipp
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.