[AMPS] Pride amp

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:40:17 -0700

"D.Anderson" wrote:

> The Pride amp requires 4 watts drive.  Ham radio amps require 100 watts.  I can
> only think of one service with 4 watt drivers, CB...

Actually, I run 800 watts day in and day out on the ham bands.  My driver is an
Elecraft K2, which is capable of about 10w of clean output.  The moronic FCC
rule about overall gain just complicates things for me.  I would like to see all
the junk about gain, 10-meter coverage, etc., dropped and replaced by
enforcement of the rules concerning illegal or unlicensed operation.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA