[AMPS] SB220 power output

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:11:28 -0000

Rich said:

>The SB-220 has a clearly superior cooling system -- provided
>that the fan bearings are routinely oiled every 1000 or so hours.

What sort of bearings are they? I would have expected a plain bearing made from
'oilite' to do a lot better than 1000 hours between oilings. Or is it just a
very cheap plain brass affair? Even at that, 1000 hours seems a bit light -
after all, it isn't exactly a high load bearing. Could just be the results of
having to keep costs to a minimum in a hard commercial world, of course.

73

Peter G3RZP