[AMPS] Re: [Henry] On-off, or leave it on?

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 10:31:56 -1000

Very clever idea by Phil to "meter" my set up:

> > There is so much heat being blown out
> > from the cabinet just from the 300+ watts of filament
> > power!  In fact,  with my amp use,  occasional as is
> > Chuck's,  I have never noticed added heat output beyond
> > the steady state filament heat output.

> Simple and easy solution.
> Go down to Wal-Mart etc. and purchase a cheap indoor/outdoor
> thermometer. Place the outdoor probe at the exhaust outlet.
> You can then tell what the normal temp is with just the filament
> running. Mark this on the thermometer face, and you can see
> when cool-down is complete.

First trip after the Holiday;  to Wal-Mart (yes there is one
on Kauai;  unfortunately,  put a lot of small Mom/Pop
shops into retirement!

" Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day
That's the Island Greeting that I send to you
>From the land where palm trees sway
(And the birds fly backwards
to keep the Sun from their eyes)
Here we Know that Christmas will be Green and Bright
the Sun will shine by day and the Stars by Night....
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way
To say Merry Christmas, a Very Merry Christmas,
A Merry, Merry Christmas to You."

Much Aloha and 73, Jim,  KH7M