[AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:23:03 EST

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:26:13 -0800 "Terry Gaiser" <W6RU@bak.rr.com>
writes:

>Small Parts Inc. carries them .... 800-220-4242.
>When space allows a "Whitney" punch tool presses them into place nicely
but
>in some locations I have had to either use a hammer to tap them into
place
>or even use a screw and a flat washer to pull it into place.

  I don't use that many of them but, I always seem to employ PEM nuts
right up against an internal right angle of some sort so, I often just
use a small high quality (real steel, not the flimsy cast tools) C clamp
to install them where other methods just won't reach.

  And drilling the correct size hole is key to a happy installation -- a
numbered drill set is a must.

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*