[AMPS] WHOA!!!

C. W. Johnson k9yo@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:39:13 -0600

Geez. My email goes down for a few days, and I return to all of this mess.
>From gatherig what has happened, the people running this list have made a
HUGE mistake! Rich helped me on MANY COUNTLESS occasions fix my
HeathBlowUpAllTheTime amplifier, as well as retrofit my new amp.

Learn from this: I am a college student. I am in a position here where I get
60-80 emails a day from people who try to say I know nothing, and call me
names that are not appropriate for the ham radio community. You know what
I do? I press the delete key. I read their point of view, and if I cannot come
into some kind of "common ground", I hit the delete key. End of argument. It's
gone forever. Are you people who are supposed to be the "example setters" going
to let some "snotty nosed, college freshman" tell you how to act? I sure
hope not.

Another thing. Arguments are PROMOTED in all situations. Where I work at,
in a computer programming environment, ALL SIDES must be evaluated BEFORE
reaching a decision. Open your minds, and see things from DIFFERENT
perspectives!

Let Rich back on the reflector so he can help provide the future of ham
radio with much
needed advice. I for one, LOVE to build my own stuff. Even though I am a
"Generation NOW"
person, I appreciate the beauty of taking time out to BUILD IT YOURSELF. Rich
teaches how to do this.

Think I've made my point.

Have a NICE day (that means SMILE)
-Cedrick