[AMPS] WHOA!!!

measures 2@vc.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:21:00 -0700

>Geez. My email goes down for a few days, and I return to all of this mess.

Something similar happened a couple of years ago when I came here in
pursuit of the technoblatherous self-annointed amplifier "expert".  (9/94
QST, p.72)  His disciples became alarmed at my tactics and began to
kvetch to the moderator as well as to Bill Fisher, the reflector owner.
I did not back off, so I got booted off of AMPS.  I continued to post
direct to the group using the AMPS-bypass list.  Eventually, I got
reinstated.

>From gatherig what has happened, the people running this list have made a
>HUGE mistake!

As I understand it, only Will made the decision to pull the plug on me.
His mistake was in listining to  crybabies.

> Rich helped me on MANY COUNTLESS occasions fix my
>HeathBlowUpAllTheTime amplifier, as well as retrofit my new amp.
>
>Learn from this: I am a college student. I am in a position here where I get
>60-80 emails a day from people who try to say I know nothing, and call me
>names that are not appropriate for the ham radio community. You know what
>I do? I press the delete key. I read their point of view, and if I cannot come
>into some kind of "common ground", I hit the delete key. End of argument.

Amen, brother.

>It's
>gone forever. Are you people who are supposed to be the "example setters"
>going to let some "snotty nosed, college freshman" tell you how to act? I sure
>hope not.

  As long as bitchers and moaners can kvetch in secret to the moderator,
they are not about to click the Delete button.

>Another thing. Arguments are PROMOTED in all situations. Where I work at,
>in a computer programming environment, ALL SIDES must be evaluated BEFORE
>reaching a decision. Open your minds, and see things from DIFFERENT
>perspectives!
>
>Let Rich back on the reflector

I was reinstated, Cedrick.  However, I still have to send a few posts to
AMPS that disappeared  during the donnybrook.  .

>so he can help provide the future of ham
>radio with much
>needed advice. I for one, LOVE to build my own stuff.

The feeling is indeed lovely.

>Even though I am a
>"Generation NOW"
>person, I appreciate the beauty of taking time out to BUILD IT YOURSELF. Rich
>teaches how to do this.

When Rich was a young fart and didn't know how to start, he was helped by
some old ones.   Now it's payback time.

>Think I've made my point.

indeed, Cedrick
cheers

--  A PROPOSAL
All bitching and moaning to AMPS moderators should be made public.