[AMPS] QRO or Commander?

Bob Marston k1ta@contesting.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:15:27 -0800

>Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:51:28 -0800
>To: "Roger D. Johnson" <n1rj@pivot.net>
>From: Bob Marston <k1ta@contesting.com>
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] QRO or Commander?
>
>Roger wrote:
>
>: I wonder how they get around 97.137 with it's
>: drive power and gain restrictions?
>
>That's simple...mark on the advertising 'For Export Only'
>
>It would seem that these vendors are explicitly advertising the legal
limit + capabilities of their equipment in order to obtain a selling point
with potential customers.

>I also find the practice of using schills to set up a sales pitches on a
list that is primarily intended for educational purposes intrusive and
obnoxious.
>Being set up for a Selling Job may not be spam but it is just as
undesirable. It is one thing to make known that a particular item is
available through a particular source. It is an entirely different matter
to seize on every oppourtunity to hawk ones wares.