[AMPS] Input Z

measures 2@vc.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:54:41 -0700

>Thanks Rich.  Here's where I display my stupidity...   I was going to avoid
>a swamping R type of input circuit. But I suppose for a sand-state exciter
>the swamping R presents a more stable load - is this true?

Quite true, Bill.  The grid is virtually an open circuit, so the exciter
needs a termination to keep it from shutting down.  Provided that it is
installed very close to the grid, the grid-term. R also swamps the vhf
damped-wave signal that is fed back from the anode-resonant circuit to
the grid by the tube's built in feedthrough capacitance.  .This reduces
VHF-gain

cheers.