[AMPS] re: Advice and/or opinions wanted...

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:00:35 -0800

re: 4-400 amp in class C

Hi Charlie,

How much drive do you have..?

The older ARRL Handbooks have 4-250 and
4- 400 amps in tetrode operation. Lot's of gain...  The
values for class C are in the Handbooks. Here's
an Example from the 1962 Edition.

4KV on the plate, 300v on the screen, -170v on the grid,
270mA IP, 22.5mA I screen, 10mA I grid, 10 watts drive,
720 watts output.

You must use well isolated and shielded construction
practices when setting up the grid feed or it will sing
the big dog and be very unstable.

skipp

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.