[AMPS] PEP philosophy/rules

Michael McCarthy, W1NR w1nr@eecorp.com
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 19:38:40 -0500

I have never heard of anyone getting a citation out of the FCC
for running a bit above the 1.5KW level.  I do know of one
who got writ up for running a 4CX10000 at 10KW out.  I think
the FCC even confiscated the amplifier in question.  I am
sure that the FCC is not going to seek you out for running
1800 or 2000 watts.  BUT you had better be able to show
them you can tune an amp within the 1500 watt limit if
they show up at your door for an inspection.

You could look at it like speeding.  How many times have you
seen anyone pulled over for driving 72 mph in a 65 mph zone?
Usually you don't break the threshold of being noticed until
you hit 80+.

Mike, W1NR

--
**************** Give Every Man His Dew **************