[AMPS] Power Supply Question

Bruce Plantin plantin@tcomlp.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:05:10 -0400

John,

I'm surprised you B+ is not higher than normal. With the resonate choke filter that far off, your filter should act more as a capacitor input filter giving you a much higher voltage with no load or light supply loading.
I have been told that resonate choke filters should be resonate slightly high with no load. Chokes usually (or always?) change to a lower inductance as current increases thru them. This avoids the high resonate voltages when in exact resonace.
I'm far from a resonate choke expert but am using one now in my amp.

Regards,
Bruce W3BP