[AMPS] Commander 2500E

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:43:18 -0700

>Hi all...
>
>Phil, re your comment (below), such illegal goings-on may not be unique to
>one manufacturer, but NEITHER are they engaged in by ALL.
>
>For the record, neither ALPHA/POWER nor its predecessor ETO has ever
>knowingly promoted or sold amplifiers in violation of FCC rules applicable
>to the amateur (or CB) radio service. Neither, I'll wager, have other
>legitimate and ethical manufacturers who value their reputations (e.g.,
>Ten-Tec).
>
>Some "FYI" for those who may care:
>
>FCC type acceptance rules imposed in 1978 have been a pain in the neck to
>all of us who engineer, manufacture and market ham amps.

According to a retiree of the FCC's legal department, for a while, FCC
type acceptance could be hastened by making a cash donation to an FCC
attorney whose initials are R. K. .  When the scam was uncovered by the
FCC's legal dept., the guilty party was asked to retire early.  The
laugher is that wiring around the type-approved CB filter and moving the
15m tank tap takes very little time.

>In addition, the
>virtual absence of enforcement over the past decade or so has given a
>competitive advantage of sorts to manufacturers willing to flaunt the rules.
>
>I very strongly dislike government control of and interference in our lives.

€  So does Dollar Bill Gates.  So did John D. Rockefeller.  So does VISA
and Mastercard.

later, Dick