SV: [AMPS]

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:12:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/00 10:52:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
phil@invest.fsbusiness.co.uk writes:

>  Mike,
>
>  I am normally a lurker on this reflector learning a lot from the regular
>  posters. However just have to throw my 2c, I mean 2p worth in as I was
>  recently the guest of the gentleman you know of as 'CBer extraordinair'
>  while on a very recent visit to a hamfest near Tyler, Texas.
>
>  He is licensed, he is a gentleman and knows far more about high power
>  amplifier construction than I will ever know. I think they call it
>  getting your hands dirty.
>  >We do not take kindly to people who break the law in America.  CBers here
>  >(many of them) not only break the law by running illegal power but they
> boast
>  >about it.
>  In my 20+ years as an amateur operator I know for sure that power output
>  rules go to pot when either the 'going gets tough' or 'the contest
>  begins'.
>
>  Why, I know a local NFD operator that has a brace of 3CX3000A7 mono-band
>  amp's that are run at somewhat more than the UK's allowed 400w out!
>  >This so-called "CBer Extraordinare", who is NOT a licensed amateur even
>  >though he claims to be, has the timerity to get on a reflector which is
>  >ostensibly for licensed amateurs and boast that he has an amplifier
capable

>  >of exceeding not only the CB power limit (5 w.), but egregiously exceed
the

>  >1,500 w limit imposed on LICENSED amateurs.
>  >
>  >When I called his boast to the attention of Mr. Riley Hollingsworth, the
> new
>  >"enforcer" for the FCC, this Jeff Wolf non-licensed character, reacted as
> any
>  >criminal would act.  He denied his wrong-doing and spewed forth foul
> language
>  >and baseless charges, vituperation and acrimony towards any who dare call
> him
>  >on his scofflaw behavior.
>  >
>  >I, and others dare this CBer to produce his bona-fide amateur license.
He
>  >ain't got one, 10-4?
>  And if he should offer his call, what then?
>
>  Let's get back to discussing amplifiers.
>
>  Phil  G4ZOW

I have a REAL problem with people who get on an international list ANONYMOUSLY
 and make PROVOCATIVE statements and then say, There is nothing you can do to
me because you don't know who I am and I am not reading any more mail from
you. Kiss off.  If a person has the brass to say something, they should be
willing to stand up and be recognized.

Why would a person who has nothing to hide adopt an ANONYMOUS moniker
especially associated with CB?  and then take the moronic position that
"there is no controlling authority" which requires him to identify himself.
This is the modus operandi of a kidnapper.

Hey, if Mr. Gizmo wants to be know as a CBer, that is certainly his privilege.

Dave, WT8R