[AMPS] N-Connectors - Thanks for the Replies

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:00:09 +0100

N connectors aren't so difficult to install correctly and the whole
operation is probably quicker than with PL259 when proper method and
tools are used.
The PL259, weatherproofing and impedance imperfections apart, has other
2 major problems, the first is that the inner soldering is performed
where the contact take place so leading to the possible risk to open
the female receptacle and restricting the contact to a small area if
the soldering material exceed the pin diameter, the second problem lay
in the outer contact that's good when the ring is screwed tight whose
fact tend not to be like if temperature rises and drops, not
necessarily in outside only.

73,
Mauri I4JMY