[AMPS] poor science?

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 07:39:54 -0500

I wrote:

> "This whole parasitic thing is a major exercise in bad science and
> >bad physics. I suspect it is designed to make a few bucks selling
> >snake oil to suckers, or to woo a fan club of people who just don't quite
> >understand how things work and are looking for one simple answer to
> >complex questions."

You replied:

> IMHO the only snake oil being sold is the frantic attempts to discredit
> Mr. Measures. Innuendo about his mental abilities or his integrity appear
> to be a bait and switch tactic that some may use to keep interested
> parties from looking to closely at the shoddy  design and construction of
> commercial amplifiers that they may have a vested interest in.

There is a large difference between pointing out bad science and
attacking the person.

Most non-technical people have problems understanding the
difference between technical discrediting and personal attack.

This is probably a carry-over of the "anything you say and do is
correct" system in schools.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com