SV: [AMPS] Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier?

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:44:56 +0000

HELLO!
 have tried several times and asked if the 8072 or 8122,triode connected,
could be substituted for the 8875? But never got any answer. Maybe everybody
was interested in the big DAF battle,hi? Anyway, t, I guess? Sockets are the
same and you have to make an external cooler for the 8072 ??

It is worth trying as there are many 8072s and 8122s cheap on the surplus
market. 8072s were also used in the SIGNAL ONE conduction cooled.

In Sweden are many dusty MLA 2500 and SB 230 that are considered not
worthwhile retubing because the new tube cost is much higher than a used amp
in working condition. Strange world??

Does not SVETLANA make the 8874 ( inside same as 8875 )? Maybe they could
make a 8875 as well and get those dusty MLA 2500s  back on the air?

Prosit de Hans SM5KI