[AMPS] Hot Switching

a.p. apight@pa.net
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:21:10 -0500

I have used this approach many times for transverters and amplifiers. . . The
PTT goes through the radio and out to the switched element which then keys the
transmitter on a return pair to the radio PTT. I have not used this approach
on QSK so can't relate observations there. However, no pre amps have been
toasted nor amps improperly driven at normal VOX or transmission period keyed
CW.
BTW. . .Ian. . just ordered one of your triode boards from DEM. 'going to
install it in a 3cx1000a7 6m amp. . .
73
Art