SV: [AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:52:17 -0700

>> It has been my experience that DAF true-believers tend to run virtually
>> zero grid-current during announced distortion measurements.  As I
>> understand it there are still some Cold Fusion true-believers at the
>> University of Utah.
>> >

>During operation and measurements on the QBL tube, we have the following
>grid currents:
>

>Ig2 = 0 - 80mA
>
>Ig1 = 0 - 100mA
>
>Which of course follows drive.
>
>Quite far from "zero grid-current" !

When it was suggested that we have a look at the 4CX5000A/8170 constant
current curves, I had them on the Web within ten minutes.  When are one
of you DAF enthusiasts going to post the QBL's curves?.  My guess is that
the QBL curves are quite similar to the 8170 curves.  In other words, the
QBL's positive grid potential region is quite unlikely to support the DAF
case.  I bet a large pizza w. salad bar and brewski lunch that the QBL
curves will not be posted by a DAF true-believer.

cheers, Lars

end