[AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:59:23 -0700

>measures wrote
>
>> In the observed feculence area -  DAFs seemingly perform roughly 10x
>> better on two-tone tests than they do in on the air voice tests.  During
>> two-tone tests, screen potential is constant.  During voice operation,
>> screen potential is not constant. Why are we arguing about whether or not
>> one can keep a screen bypass C sufficiently charged at all times during
>> voice operation?  I say do it or rue it.
>
>Rich !
>Please give us a reference to the tests where you got the results that
>'DAFs seemingly perform roughly 10x better on two-tone tests than they do
>in on the air voice tests'

The triple-cheese pizza with red-herring topping.  You are rather
obviously aware that not-announced, on the air two-tone and voice
measurements at this location were ''got''  by me.  .

>> Disagreeing with a charismatic person is a risky pursuit.   Those who
>> question the beloved guru / father-figure  must contend with attacks by
>> faithful lap-dogs/true believers.  . .  So far, I have received two death
>> threats from devout followers of a charismatic person.
>
>We who have questioned the 'guru'  (Eimac and/or  Rich) have gotten attacked
>numerous times with out of the blue statements, references to so called facts
>that are 'old'  ( 'I think this is what I heard on the band one late
>evening 10
>something years ago') and just stupid and humiliating responses.
>
>This does NOT stimulate a constructive debate on technical questions
>regarding power amplifiers.

>Lets step out of the sand box and stop throwing sand in each others eyes and
>start a constructive debate without people just saying NO in different ways.

I explained my opinion of why there is a problem with fluctuating screen
potential.  I posted two famlies of constant current curves that showed a
4 to 1 fluctuation in peak anode current as screen potential changed.  ..

>LETS BE CIVILIZED!  (I hope you still now how to be that)

In a debate, I primarily seek to push buttons that blow fuses.  ...When a
reporter asked Bill Clinton if he had been having an affair with Monica
Lewinski, The Commander in Chief blew a fuse.  When Linda Tripp told
police investigators that Mrs Clinton was observed removed files from
Vince Foster's office before they appeared at the White House door to the
alleged suicide, the First Lady reportedly blew a fuse.  //  There is
always a bull's-eye behind a tender nerve.

end