[AMPS] Emtron DX1

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:13:05 -0500

My suggestion is this; for a permanent totally silent fix for your DX-1.
There is a large company here in the USA called W.W. Grainger.
They have all of the parts I am about to suggest.

Since the fan is bolted to the rear of the cabinet outboard of the chassis,
it can easily be removed, and a suitable plenum fabricated to cover
the hole and adapt a 3 inch common clothes drier hose in its place.
On the other end of the hose, a suitable adapter is made to adapt the
hose to the centrifugal blower that you select for the job. The longer the hose,
the bigger the blower you will need. Here at 600 feet above sea level, I
have a 1/12 HP blower feeding 25 feet of 2 1/2 inch hose, and it delivers
over 250 cfm of air to a pair of 4CX1500B's. This will give you an idea to
start with. I have no idea what the losses are at 7,000 msl!
My blower is in another room, and I cannot hear it at all!