[AMPS] Commercial amp design on AMPS

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:20:46 -0400

> If a question was raised about a sweep tube amplifier, it might not get
> answered.  Or, it might get answered with a response that was irreverent.
>
> I expect that sometimes, people with big amplifiers have big egos.  For
> more civility, try a qrp reflector  Most qrp'ers do not have big egos.
> Or, try gardening.  Most gardeners do not have big egos.
>
> 73,  Colin  K7FM

The problem is more that some simple question have no simple
answers. They would require a book or an entire article to be
written.

Take for example the sweep tube question. I think the question
was on substitute tubes. By the time someone has a reliable
answer, they would have had to do hours of research, and for what?
To pick another sweep tube that isn't available either??

The last time I held a sweep tube in my hands was 15 years ago!

6146's won't work, 811A's won't work, anything but another sweep
tube would be a bitch to install and only a few sweep tubes will
work. Most or all of them are obsolete.

There is no reason to get upset with others just because a
question has no simple solution or easy answer!!! If you don't get
an answer, it's probably because no one knows the answer.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com