[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

Steve ve3tu@rac.ca
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:34:11 -0400

I have to agree with George, this great debate does not seem to me to be
advancing the state of the art. I can just picture it, a group standing by
a tomb stone which reads "WATCH OUT FOR THE PARASITICS   THEY WILL GET YOUR
VACUUM TUBES" and every one in the group looking at each other asking, what
is a vacuum tube?  No ill wishes intended but the state of the art being
painted doesn't look pretty. My person feeling about asking how to repair
an amp that was once working  on this reflector is not appropriate. First
if you can't diagnose the problem  I feel you shouldn't be in there in the
first place and second how many times do we see responses to an amp
problems with answers coming in from the far left to the far right and very
seldom is the fault or failed component diagnosed correctly. This is sort
of like asking for medical advice over the internet. There are some gems of
wisdom and experiences that appear on this reflector but I have to do a lot
deleting to find them.