[AMPS] Logic v. Magic

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:01:35 +0100

Colin says:

>For me, installing a generic parasitic suppressor into an
>amplifier that has worked reliably for a period of years is an
>admission of defeat.

I think it's fair to install a new  (i.e. replacement of original) or 'improved
in terms of reliability' suppressor after the original has failed, or even, if
the failure mode is well established as a common failure mode, prior to the
failure of the original. If that 'happens' to be a generic part, OK. As a 'cure
for all cases', I figure you'd be better off with a sprig of rowan, picked on a
moonless Wednesday at midnight, rather than a generic part.

See you guys next Tuesday - have a good weekend.

73

Peter G3RZP