[AMPS] EVALUATION OF HENRY 2K CLASSIC [2]

Chuck Counselman ccc@space.mit.edu
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:29:45 -0400

>...Looking at the construction of both the Henry and the Heath, I am
>impressed that the "puny" Heath puts out as much power as the  Henry.  It
>is a tribute to the design skills of the Heath engineers.

I don't own stock in Henry (and certainly not in Heath) but I'd like to
hear your and others' opinions about why a person might prefer the 120-lb.
over the 55-lb. amp.  Speaking for myself, starting in 1955 I've built and
used many Heathkits, and my Heath SA-2500 automatic antenna tuner is apart
on my bench at this moment.  IMO, that's the problem with Heathkits --
you're always having to fix them, because they're just barely able to do
what they're rated for, and then not for very long before they break.  What
happens if you run the SB-220 hard for a while?  The Henry?

-Chuck W1HIS