[AMPS] All Mode KW Transmitter firmware

Bill Turner w7ti@jps.net
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:08:00 -0700

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:05:01 -0400, Warren J. Walsh wrote:

>Before becoming a designer, I worked the bench as a technician and I'm
>pretty good at fine pitch SMT soldering.  I now give most of my soldering
>work to our production people, but I still have access and do my own
>soldering from time to time.

Don't laugh, but one of the best ways to do fine-pitch soldering is
under a microscope.  I learned to do that at an avionics manufacturer
I worked for, and it is SO much easier and better you won't believe it
till you try it.  All you need is about 10-30 power.  Don't bother
with one of the high power ones often used in biology, etc.  If you
can get a stereo microscope, so much the better.

73, Bill W7TI