[AMPS] Kaput 8877 #2

Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:11:08 -0700

Rich said:

> I have located another kaput 8877 from an AL-1500 amplifier.  The kaput
> tube is currentl;y at a European contest station.  With luck, it should
> arrive in a few weeks.   I will test the tube and publish the results
> here.

Rich, if the person conducting the autopsy already believes he knows the
cause of death, he will simply use the autopsy to prove or confirm his
belief.  I cannot give much credence to an autopsy performed by the very
person who is trying to prove his theory of death.

A perfect example is the autopsy of JFK.  The autopsy "confirmed" that a
single bullet changed direction numerous times resulting in damage to
unrelated areas of the body.  For those who are convinced that more than one
bullet was involved, the autopsy is flawed and proves their theory.  The
only conclusion of that autopsy was that JFK died of unnatural causes.  At
least we do know that it was not from a parasitic oscillation - or do we?

Even Shakespeare knew about the great parasitic debate when the messengers
Rosenkrantz and Gildenstern were sent to Hamlet to deliver a message.
Hamlet pointed at some clouds and said they looked like whales.  R & G
agreed.  Then Hamlet suggested they looked like some other animal, to which
R & G readily agreed.  Finally, Hamlet gave them a secret message to deliver
to another king - to cut off their heads.  And they merrily rode off into
the sunset to deliver their message and to receive their special reward.
(since I read this story about 40 years ago, the spellings may not be
correct, but the idea remains the same)

73,  Colin  K7FM