[AMPS] AL-80B

jeg jackg@one.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:40:59 -0400

To:             	<amps@contesting.com>
Subject:        	[AMPS] AL-80B
Date sent:      	Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:39:05 -0400

> And, I can see why you guys fight so much on the reflector.  No
> where did I say that we stuck our hand inside the live amp, that is
> why they have a meter switch to observe the voltage with the cover
> closed.  It was an examination of the drawing that revealed that this
> was the normal condx for that amp.  Anyway, I am not looking for
> any comments back from the normal few.  Thanks again.
You would depend on a voltmeter reading to save your life???   I would
NEVER put my hands inside an amp without first disconnecting (and
then checking again to make sure it is disconnected) the primary AC
power, and then shorting B+ with a shorting stick in case a bleeder
resistor failed.

BTW, on my homebrew micro controlled amp, after 10 minutes inactivity
the micro drops the B+ to save electricity.

Jack, WB8BFS