[AMPS] The Big Jolt!

Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:54:48 -0700

Some of the experiences related about high voltage make mine seem rather
wimpy.  While in high school I forgot to turn off my 1500 volt power supply.
The muscle reflexes threw me about 12 across the room and knocked my closet
doors off.  I sat there on the floor and vowed that would never happen
again.

That was 40 years ago and it hasn't.

I still get shocked, though.  Last week, I was connecting the telephone and
got shocked a couple of times.

A few years ago, I grabbed the antenna lead for my crystal set while a dark
cloud was going over and got shocked from that.

I have a mental check list when working on my high voltage stuff - but a
written check list just like I use when flying is preferred.  When the final
list is compiled, I will post it in my shack.  Thanks for the contributions
and reminders to use extreme caution.

Colin  K7FM