[AMPS] Cooked Tubes

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:00:22 -0700

-
Hi Alek and the group,
-
Actually the tube does look new.  There are new tubes
with the squeezed base and dark anode  around.  I
have many RCA branded same type tubes which look
quite different. Seems RCA was reselling tubes made
all over the world at one time or another.  I've seen and
own tubes with this base shape now.
-
The silver spots on the glass are normal for this type
of tube, many say it's from the getter action or similar
but new tubes do have them.
-
When this type of tube gets "cooked", you often see a
second getter ring form around the original one. Many
times it's a slightly different glass color.
-
This tube is the classic beam power "sweep tube" for
which I catch a bit of heat and snob looks whenever I
comment about their use.
You can find this tube in the Dentron GLA-1000,
Amp Supply LA-1000 and many other low cost amps.
-
The current opening bid of $10 is a steal...    It's very
practical and real world to lift pictures off the web.
most of my Swan - Siltronix web page pictures came
right off Ebay.
-
cheers
skipp
-
>From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
>I love looking at tubes for sale on Ebay. I don't buy them, I just
download
>the pictures. Yeah, I know I'm a pervert.
>Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1227772651
and
>tell me what you think. I reckon it is one cooked tube.
>73 de Alek
>VK6APK

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.